Friday, March 11, 2016

BREAK A LEG

Today in Media Studies class, my classmates and I got into groups to discuss our projects and give feedback to one another.
We were 5 people in my group, 4 girls, Kiara, Veronica, Jen and I and 1 boy, Jacob, each doing the project individually. What was really great about getting into groups was seeing the enthusiasm each of my classmates has about his/her particular film. We all have unique and completely different ideas about our project, but we all were really enthusiastic about each other's projects and actively gave suggestions to help one another in the process of creativity.

As I introduced my film, my classmates gave ideas on how I could develop my film. As I mentioned the fact that I want my film to show how many teenagers are putting extracurricular activities behind due to school work, one of the girls, Kiara, suggested that I could do a scene similar  to that in the movie High School Musical.  This scene takes place in a High School cafeteria, and the students in a synchronized and choreographed way dance in the cafeteria. This really shows a different side of students. They are not only focused on the academics, but also have other passions, in the case of my film, dance.

I really like the high angles that are used in the video showing the choreography and synchronization of the dance and scene. It all seems perfectly organized and really adds technique to the film. I would really like my film to not only focus on a story, but also be visually pleasing. It is a dance film, so I really want to make sure that dance is the central theme of the film.



Furthermore, I also presented my idea of making the film in a way in which I would show the main character's childhood as a dancer contrasted to her life as a teenager at school and how dance is a part of her. That is where the High School Musical type of scene could take place. It could maybe take place in a classroom instead of a cafeteria, and I could synchronize the movements with shots of the main character dancing as a kid.

Tomorrow I am really dedicating my time to finally come up with a concrete story.  I will also look at and analyze different film openings within the genre that will give me ideas on how I can convey my story while still being stylistic. I really want to start my storyboard next week.

Break a leg everyone!



High School Musical: Stick To The Status Quo - Disney Channel Sverige. YouTube. YouTube, 2 Sept.    

            2010. Web. 11 Mar. 2016. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vr7PiGtqH0>.

No comments:

Post a Comment